No products in the cart.
DIY Automatic Chicken Coop Door Setup
- UNSCREW AND REMOVE the SHIPPING BLOCK
Located on the back side of the enclosure at the top of the sliding door.
- To apply power, insert 4 AA batteries by opening the motor enclosure at the left-hand side and pull firmly out.
If using electric, place the adapter chord through the hole on the right side of the door frame and plug the adapter into the hole on the bottom of the control box. (insert electric adapter prior to installing your door)
- Press the RUN/ESC key and scroll to Set up MODE
Then press the MENU key. If your device was not previously SETUP, it will automatically locate you in the SETUP MENU.
- Scroll to CLOCK SETUP using the arrow keys.
Then press the MENU key to enter CLOCK SETUP. Enter Current Date and Time by following the instructions on the last line of the screen.
- Scroll to Set up MODE by pressing the arrow keys, and press the MENU key to select SETUP MODE.
Using the arrow keys, scroll to DOOR CALIBRATION and press the MENU key to begin DOOR CALIBRATION. Follow the instructions on the last line of the screens. Note: If you cannot see the string to confirm that it is straight, gently rest the door so that it just touches the base of the frame. You may press the UP/DOWN arrow keys to confirm that it is just touching the base of the door.
- If you purchased the ADVANCED Model…
Press the MENU key and scroll to Set up MODE using the arrow keys. Then press the MENU key again to select SETUP MODE. While in SETUP MODE, scroll to LOCATION SETUP using the arrow keys and press the MENU key to select LOCATION SETUP. Now follow the instructions on the last line of the screens to Set up your Latitude, Longitude, Current Time, and Universal Clock Time (UTC).
- Press the MENU key and, using the arrows, scroll to the MODE you would like to select, then press the MENU key again to select that mode.
Follow the instructions on the last line of the screen to complete your SETUP Process.
- Locate the 4 pre-drilled holes on the threshold and at the top of your door.
Using the 4 enclosed screws, mount your door. Now open the control box door by lightly pulling on the upper left-hand corner of the control box and install 4 AA batteries (lithium batteries are ok to use) for backup power.
Auto Door Upgrade
- Purchase an Upgrade code here.
Record your Serial # on paper so that you can enter it on this step.
- After purchase, locate the upgrade code in the email sent after the confirmation email.
Record the upgrade code on paper so that you can enter it in the next step. You may need to check your spam folder for the upgrade code.
- Select UPGRADE Mode by pressing the MENU key on your Auto Door.
Follow the instructions on the last line of the screen. Record your Serial # on paper so that you can enter it below.
- After entering your Upgrade Access Code, press the RUN/ESC button, and you will have access on the Main Menu to Sun Mode. You may now go to Device Setup to Configure Sun Mode settings.
- Clock Format:
Clock Format allows you to choose between a 24-hour clock or AM/PM clock Format
- Second Chance:
Second Chance lets you control the reopening and re-closing of the door after it closes for the first time at the end of the day so that “latecomers” have a second chance to enter the coop. Activate and Deactivate the Second Chance User Option using either arrow key.
- Scrolling Speed:
Scrolling Speed allows you to change the speed at which coordinate values and clock values will scroll.
Sun Mode Setup
- Copy the following URL into your browser to find your Longitude and Latitude:
- Go to Device Setup from the Main Menu. Then go to Set Coordinates and enter your coordinates.
**NOTE: BE SURE TO ENTER THE + AND – NUMBERS IN THE CORRECT PLACE ON YOUR SCREEN. USE YOUR DOWN ARROW BUTTON TO ENTER NEGATIVE COORDINATES.**
- Find your UTC time by copying the link below into your browser, or just search for UTC TIME
- Go to Device Setup from the Main Menu. Then go to UTC Setup and enter your UTC time.
- Once you have entered all of the information above, pressing RUN/ESC will take you back to the Main Menu.
You will NEVER have to reenter your latitude, longitude, or UTC time information again (unless you move and take your indispensable Auto Door with you)!
Modes of Operation
- TIMER MODE:
Set the exact time you would like the AUTO DOOR to open and close.
- SUN MODE:
Select the number of minutes (before and after sunrise and sunset) that you would like the AUTO DOOR to open and close. The open and close times will vary as the sunrise and sunset times change during the year. Only available on models with Sun Mode Upgrade.
- OVERRIDE MODE:
HOLD the door in a full up or down position and override all other settings until you RELEASE the door. Activate or Deactivate Override Mode using either arrow key.
- SET UP MODE:
Set Clock, calibrate door, or input Coordinates and UTC time for first time use of SUN MODE.
- MANUAL OPERATION:
Open and close the door to any position using the UP/DOWN arrow buttons.
Wakes up the device and allows backward progression through menus.
Pressing the Menu key to move to the next screen.
Press the SET key to move the cursor to the next Active Position on the screen.
- UP/DOWN ARROWS:
User the ARROW keys to: 1) Display higher or lower numbers, 2) Toggle between settings such as ACTIVE/INACTIVE, and 3) Point to a different menu item on the screen.
- Question Mark Symbol (?):
If a Question Mark Symbol (?) is located in the upper left corner of a screen, help is available by pressing SET to locate the cursor on the Symbol. Press MENU to read the Help Screen, and press the RUN/ESC key to exit the Help screen.
- Double Arrow Symbol (↕):
If the Double Arrow Symbol (↕) appears in the upper right corner of a screen, press the down arrow key to read additional lines of text.
- Hash Mark (#):
A Hash Mark (#) symbol next to a menu item means it is configured or active.
- Pointer Symbol (>):
Press the arrow keys to move the Pointer (>) Symbol; press the MENU key to select the menu item.